Kast Media is looking for a Marketing/Content Distribution Associate who will serve directly under the Director of Content Distribution. This person will manage marketing and public relations across our slate of shows, both existing and upcoming, and will help execute all show launches. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing and ambitious podcast company that’s leading the charge in multi-channel podcast listening and viewing. We are looking for a podcast and marketing enthusiast who would like to build their career at our company. This position has the ability to work remotely.
How Will You Spend Your Time?
- Service as the Marketing Associate on each upcoming show launch, assist with all aspects of marketing and promotion of that show, through building the marketing plan, to pitching and booking interviews and press
- Research and execute cross-promotion opportunities for our existing slate of shows
- Research and pitch hosts to podcasts and other media outlets for wide exposure of our current and upcoming slate of shows
- Assist in the build of show marketing plans, inclusive of press, ads and marketing, and execute outreach
- Create marketing one-sheets and pitch materials
- Maintain internal databases and records to track each show’s exposure and conversion over time
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Director, Sales, and Operations to identify ways to increase revenue for each show and strategically grow a show’s audience
You Should Have:
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing or PR
- Passion for the podcasting industry
- An ability to understand what’s working on other podcasts and apply that to Kast shows
- Excellent research skills
- Strong copywriting capabilities for creating marketing materials and pitches
- A professional attitude, strong communication skills, and detail-oriented instincts
Our Dream Candidate Has:
- Basic knowledge of the public relations industry
- Experience writing press releases and pitching clients
- Strong understanding of journalism, news, and pop culture
- Curiosity about content trends among millennial audiences
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude and desire to join a growing start-up
This is a full-time salaried position, commensurate to experience. Benefits include quarterly bonuses, health benefits, 401(k) plan, generous PTO, parental and family leave, along with office snacks and coffee (to be enjoyed in a post-pandemic environment, of course).
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com, and include “Marketing Associate” in the subject heading.
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Live, breathe, and sleep podcasts
- Aren’t afraid to raise their hand first and go the extra mile
- Waste no time and have a bias for action
- Love to win, but love being on a winning team even more
- Constantly want to learn and evolve
- Are solution-oriented, but know when to ask for help
- Have a good sense of humor, and aren’t afraid to show it off
- And most importantly, are good people