Kast Media is looking for an associate producer with Spanish language fluency and an interest in Latin America, true crime, and/or journalism to work on our newest investigative true-crime podcast. Our story takes place in Central America, where interviews for our ongoing investigation will be conducted primarily in Spanish. You’ll be the team’s point person for all Spanish language assets, including interview audio, video, and Spanish language documents. Working closely with the show’s hosts and producers, you’ll identify and select the very best of these assets to help tell the story of an explosive, exclusive investigation for an English-speaking audience. This is a three-month, remote, contract position with the possibility of extension, given the ongoing nature of our investigation.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and work samples to email@example.com, with the subject line “Spanish Language Associate Producer.”
- Act as point person and content manager for the podcast’s Spanish language assets, including audio, video, and written documents
- Organize and curate a large library of audio and video assets
- Transcribe Spanish language audio and video with AI assistance in Descript
- Review Spanish language documents including case files, texts, and research, and communicate findings to the team
- Identify, extract, and translate selects from Spanish language audio, video, and written assets that best contribute to the show’s storytelling and soundscape
- Conduct background and supplemental research that contributes to the investigation
- Collaborate regularly with the show’s producers to develop and shape the series narrative
- Participate in group feedback sessions and table reads
- 2-3 years of experience producing on a narrative podcast or relevant audio experience
- Spanish language fluency (written and spoken), and comfort switching between Spanish and English throughout the work day
- Comfort and familiarity with working with large asset libraries
- Ability to identify selects specifically for audio, and an understanding of how this is different from other mediums
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently on a remote basis; a self-starter
- Excellent time management skills to both set and meet strict deadlines
- A proactive, problem-solving nature
- Excellent research skills
- A professional attitude, strong communication skills and detail-oriented instincts
- Shown ability to give and receive feedback
- An ability to collaborate well with a good attitude. We leave our egos at the door and work together to build something great!
- Strong interest in investigative journalism, Latin and/or Central America, and true crime
- Experience writing/producing a docuseries or long-form narrative non-fiction piece for podcast or television
- Experience working on an ongoing investigation
- An understanding of audio production software, specifically Adobe Audition
- An understanding of audio transcription software, specifically Descript
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude and desire to join a growing start-up
This is a contract position.
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.