About Kast Media:
Kast is a premium multi-channel podcast network of 40+ shows reaching over 13 million unique monthly listeners and viewers. Kast Media is one of the largest podcast networks, consistently ranking in the top 15 publishers each month as measured by third-party services, such as Podtrac. Some of our shows include The Opportunist, The Sarah Silverman Podcast, The Viall Files, The King and the Sting, and Chatty Broads, among others.
About This Role:
Kast Media is seeking an experienced podcast producer to help us run a true-crime investigative show. As the associate producer, you will be working closely with the show’s Lead Producer and full production team to deliver premiere quality episodes. This position, though currently remote, will ultimately work out of our Los Angeles-based studio.
- Support the lead producer in the production of the podcast
- Assist in gathering archival audio and newspaper clippings
- Review and edit episode scripts
- Manage production calendar
- Review and transcribe interview tape
- Write show notes
- Book airfare and accommodations for reporting trips
- Travel as required
You Should Have:
- 2-4 years of audio production experience
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Passion for narrative storytelling
- Developed organization skills
- Highly collaborative attitude
- Interest in true crime and criminal justice
- Working knowledge of ProTools, Adobe Audition, or similar DAW
- Journalism or documentary background
- Comfortable appearing on episodes to present reporting
- Spanish skills a plus, but not required
Our Dream Candidate Has:
- Thorough experience and understanding of podcast production
- Strong intuition in problem-solving
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude and desire to join a growing start-up
- Experience with Adobe Audition
This is a full-time salaried position, commensurate to experience. Benefits include quarterly bonuses, health benefits, 401(k) plan, generous PTO, parental and family leave, along with office snacks and coffee (to be enjoyed in a post-pandemic environment, of course).
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com, and include “Associate Producer” in the subject heading.
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Live, breathe, and sleep podcasts
- Are not afraid to raise their hand first and go the extra mile
- Waste no time and have a bias for action
- Love to win, but love being on a winning team even more
- Constantly want to learn and evolve
- Are solution-oriented, but know when to ask for help
- Have a good sense of humor, and aren’t afraid to show it off
- And most importantly, are good people