About Kast Media:
Kast is a premium multi-channel podcast network of 40+ shows reaching over 13 million unique monthly listeners and viewers. Kast Media is one of the largest podcast networks, consistently ranking in the top 15 publishers each month as measured by third-party services, such as Podtrac. Some of our shows include The Opportunist, The Sarah Silverman Podcast, The Viall Files, The King and the Sting, and Chatty Broads, among others.
About This Role:
Kast Media is looking for an Audio Editor for our narrated shows who will serve as a part of the production team. This position will report directly to the Head of Technical Production and the Technical Supervisor, and will work remotely until our Los Angeles based studio is fully back open.
How Will You Spend Your Time?
- Narrative show needs:
- Mix/Master music and SFX to be used in the episode
- Use music and SFX to bring the audio narrative alive
- Assemble a narrative episode from recording sessions with multiple takes
- Working with producers on your assigned shows to cut weekly episodes
- Working with Video Editors to ensure audio quality is on par with Kast standards
- Attending weekly tech call meetings
- Working with other tech team members and helping out with other shows when you can
You Should Have:
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition or Pro Tools (Required)
- Knowledge of Izotope RX
- Dialogue Audio mixing, editing, and workflow
Our Dream Candidate Has:
- Experience working on narrative shows (ideally in film/tv or podcasts)
- At least 3 years of experience with Adobe Audition or Pro Tools
- At least 3 years of experience with Izotope RX
- Great communication and time management skills
- Knowledge of Audio workflows
- A strong desire to really take ownership and be a team player
- A charismatic personality and a great sense of humor
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Audio Editor” in the subject heading.
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $48-52k per year
- Live, breathe, and sleep podcasts
- Are not afraid to raise their hand first and go the extra mile
- Waste no time and have a bias for action
- Love to win, but love being on a winning team even more
- Constantly want to learn and evolve
- Are solution-oriented, but know when to ask for help
- Have a good sense of humor, and aren’t afraid to show it off
- And most importantly, are good people