About Kast Media:
Kast is a premium multi-channel podcast network of 40+ shows reaching over 13 million unique monthly listeners and viewers. Kast Media is one of the largest podcast networks, consistently ranking in the top 15 publishers each month as measured by third-party services, such as Podtrac. Some of our shows include The Opportunist, The Sarah Silverman Podcast, The Viall Files, The King and the Sting, and Chatty Broads, among others.
About This Role:
Kast Media is looking for fiction writers specializing in horror story-narrative for our premiere and immensely popular spooky anthology podcast. We’re looking for writers who can compose narrative podcast scripts from development to polish all in particularly tight deadlines.
How Will You Spend Your Time?
- Receiving story concept assignments from host
- Composing 6,000-word scripts
- Working closely with Producers to refine revisions
- Report to the Senior Producer weekly
You Should Have:
- Experience writing scripts for horror anthology series podcasts
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to continually meet quick turn-around times
- A passion for the podcasting industry
- An ability to write specifically for audio and an understanding of how this is different from other mediums
- A passion for innovative storytelling
- An ability to write to the host’s voice
- A proactive, problem-solving nature
- Excellent grammar and syntax skills
- An ability to collaborate well with a good attitude.
- Shown ability to give and receive feedback
Our Dream Candidate Has:
- An incredibly creative imagination
- Expert writing skills in fiction
- Excellent communication skills
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude and desire to join a growing start-up
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Horror Writer” in the subject heading. In addition, please attach samples of your relevant work, written or audio.
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Live, breathe, and sleep podcasts
- Are not afraid to raise their hand first and go the extra mile
- Waste no time and have a bias for action
- Love to win, but love being on a winning team even more
- Constantly want to learn and evolve
- Are solution-oriented, but know when to ask for help
- Have a good sense of humor, and aren’t afraid to show it off
- And most importantly, are good people