About Kast Media:
Kast is a premium multi-channel podcast network of 40+ shows reaching over 13 million unique monthly listeners and viewers. Kast Media is one of the largest podcast networks, consistently ranking in the top 15 publishers each month as measured by third-party services, such as Podtrac. Some of our shows include The Opportunist, The Sarah Silverman Podcast, The Viall Files, The King and the Sting, and Chatty Broads, among others.
About This Role:
Kast Media is looking for a producer to work on one of our investigative narrative shows. This position will report directly to the Lead Producer, and will work both remotely and in the field.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and include “Narrative Producer” in the subject heading.
Please be prepared to discuss a time when you secured a difficult interview—or employed an unusually clever method to track someone down—should we respond.
- Build relationships with characters from the stories we are telling
- Support the lead and associate producer in the production of Kast narrative podcasts
- Conduct research, build and maintain database of potential stories
- Write first and subsequent drafts of scripts for podcasts, integrate field tape and interviews with narration
- Assist in review and editing of episode scripts
- Work with technical team to communicate feedback on edits, music, etc
- Review and transcribe interview tape as needed
- Pitch story ideas
- Past experience working on investigation projects
- Complete lack of fear when it comes to cold calling
- An eye for what makes a great story, and the ability to pitch
- Strong fact-finding and research skills
- Knowledge of public records and how to obtain them
- A journalism degree
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition
- Great communication and time management skills
- A strong desire to really take ownership and be a team player
- A charismatic personality and a great sense of humor
This is a full-time salaried position, commensurate to experience. Benefits include quarterly bonuses, health benefits, 401(k) plan, generous PTO, parental and family leave, along with office snacks and coffee (to be enjoyed in a post-pandemic environment, of course).
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.