About Kast Media:
Kast is a premium multi-channel podcast network of 40+ shows reaching over 13 million unique monthly listeners and viewers. Kast Media is one of the largest podcast networks, consistently ranking in the top 15 publishers each month as measured by third-party services, such as Podtrac. Some of our shows include The Opportunist, The Sarah Silverman Podcast, The Viall Files, The King and the Sting, and Chatty Broads, among others.
About This Role:
Kast Media is seeking a rockstar producer equally versed in digital video production and audio (music/podcast) production. Reporting directly to the Senior Producer, you will spearhead daily production operations for a number of Talk Show Podcasts. Responsibilities span from run-of-show and shooting through post, delivery, and performance tracking. You will be the daily face of Kast Media, representing the studio in all ongoing collaborations with top talent including high-profile guests and hosts.
Recording experience is a major plus, especially if you have run in-studio digital shoots and coordinated remote guest interviews. A collaborative attitude is a must. This team is fun, friendly, calm under pressure, and values effective communication. We’re looking for self-motivated spirits and natural leaders. Full-time salaried position.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and include “Podcast Producer, Talk” in the subject heading.
- 5+ years of media production experience (new media and/or podcasts).
- Comfortable leading a team through all phases of writing, pre-production, production, post, delivery, and marketing.
- Extensive project management, scheduling.
- Comfortable maintaining close relationships with top talent (guests and hosts).
- Multi-faceted Producer: Knows the ins and outs of various forms of production for distribution across various platforms.
- Independent: Able to lead a team (e.g. associate producer, editors, engineers, etc.), make/defend decisions and balance autonomy with open communication.
- Cross-departmental: Can speak the “language” of each studio department from marketing to post-production.
- Creative: Never comfortable letting a show sit still. Always looking for ways to grow, innovate, and develop an ongoing high-profile series. Identifies new ways to collaborate between departments/teams.
- Leader: Motivates your team, looks for ways to mentor/grow staff throughout the studio.
- Loves Podcasts
- Brand integration and/or ad-read experience.
- Independent audio production experience.
- Hands-on post-production experience.
- Digital Engagement Benchmarks: Knows how to identify your core audience, keep them engaged, and quantifiably measure that success.
- Analytics: Loves performance metrics, knows how to read them, and builds actionable plans based on them.
- Rolodex: Has deep, quality relationships with production staff, vendors, talent, management, etc.
- DAW: You know what this acronym stands for and are versed in 1+ of them.
- Thorough: You read this bullet and told us you read this bullet
- Running production on one or more flagship series for Kast Media.
- Keeping your team’s operations/uploads on track and on time.
- Maintaining ongoing series quality control.
- Regularly presenting creative content strategy and insights to executive staff and Senior Producer. These include: Technical Insights, Promotional Insights, Brand Enhancements, and Talent Relationship Insights.
- Identifying ways to grow your show(s) both episodically and as a broader IP.
- Driving general aesthetics, set design, and branding strategies with the Senior Producer.
- Presenting analytics and engagement to all show stakeholders on a defined, regular basis.
- When required, do first-pass edits for episodes and send to talent for quick review/feedback.
- Production budgeting experience.
- Communicate with host talent constantly – collaborating regularly and fostering that relationship to become a valued, influential creative partner.
- Owning Host Ad-Reads: Making sure all are done properly, on time, and delivered to spec. Bonus points if you have worked with marketing/sales teams on past brand integrations. You may be expected to write ad copy/scripts for hosts, ensuring CTAs and all messaging is clear and correct during recordings.
- QC and upload final audio and video to all applicable platforms (hosting platform, youtube, etc) and schedule for programmed release.
- Create and write title/descriptions for specific episodes, according to defined optimization standards and best practices.
- Grow: Identify the best path forward to make the show a success for all stakeholders.
- Provide status updates, challenges, and success stories in weekly producer meetings – with input from the Senior and Associate Producer.
- Attend regular creative meetings with your Senior Producer.
- Attend and contribute to sales onboarding calls with sponsors.
- Support guest bookings and outreach.
- Ensure recording sessions run smoothly. Create recording notes and circle takes for editors.
- Remote work flexibility.
- Flexible PTO, as approved.
- Health Benefits, base coverage included at no cost (Health, Dental, Vision).
- Employer-matching 401k plan.
- Paid company holidays.
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: The role will require testing in accordance with COVID protocols for in-studio recordings.